Sunday, July 11, 2010

And Back Again

Louise. Darling.

I've always heard it said, there is "no rest for the wicked" and then, to follow-up on that, "the righteous don't need any."
Downright criminal, if you ask me.
I steal as much sleep as I can get because - like you dearest - I don't get much of it either and what I do get, is fitful and heavy. Makes me feel more like I have been chasing my tail than any amount of "replenishing."


Louise, I find normal very very droll.
Your "normal" needs to come from whatever you make of the happenings. You could be standing in a field in Bora Bora or beating your head against the pavement in some second-world country, but "normal" is going to be pretty relative to the various colours on the spectrum, don't you think?
Just make sure your "normal" is the "normal" that you mandated, that you wanted. If the cupboards don't hold it, stop going there.

I am in a lot of discomfort. I cry a lot. I'm not eating a whole lot because of this god-awful diet that the doctor has put me on. I'm desperately pleading with my body every day to rally itself, to come to its own aide, to be its advocate, to heal.
I know that the time will come. Until then, it's that waiting game that I am so furiously bad at.

In the meantime, I hope I see your lovely face soon. It is much needed in these parts.

Oh and? My hair smells of peppermint and rosemary.
God's in His heaven...

Your Thelma

No comments: